Keeping Everyone Safe While Visiting
Wear A Mask
While visiting Palm Springs, we want to assure you we have implemented significant measures to make you feel comfortable so you can enjoy Palm Springs and the surrounding area during your visit. Everyone is required to wear masks. Here are some health and safety measures you can expect during you stay.
Exploring Palm Springs
Masks are required when inside or outside any business. This includes all sidewalks along Palm Canyon Drive and Indian Canyon Drive.
Have a face cover with you when exploring Palm Springs. You are not required to wear them in open spaces provided you are practicing social distancing. You must use your face cover when in any business building.
Agua Caliente Casino Palm Springs
Agua Caliente Casino is open and welcoming guests with reduced occupancy at 50% capacity. You will see the following changes throughout the casino:
- Centralized guest entry and screening that includes state-of-the-art temperature kiosks for guests and team members.
- Social distancing at a minimum of 6 feet. Chairs at table games have been reconfigured.
- All guests and team members are required to wear face-covering throughout the casino.
- Increased and enhanced cleaning of all touch-point areas including restrooms, counter tops, slot machines, door handles, etc.
- The Agua Clean Teams will provide sanitation services throughout the casino on a constant basis and is available immediately upon guest requests.
- More hand-sanitizer stations throughout the casino.
The golf courses are open and have implemented many new measures to keep you safe while enjoying the game.
- Reservations are required for all golfers.
- Prepayment is offered and required for peak times. All other times it is preferred to ensure limited contact between guests and team members.
- Plan to arrive no earlier than 30 minutes in advance of your tee time. This will ensure that a limited number of people will be around the clubhouse premises at any given time. It will allow adequate time and space to check in guests, assign carts that have been sanitized and ensure that the first tee is running on time.
- Restrooms and high-touch areas are disinfected frequently.
- Maintain recommended social distance of at least 6 feet from others.
- Golfers must have adequate face covering with them at all times. Face covering must be worn at all times around the clubhouse area and when approaching others. Face covering may be removed when out on the golf course, provided social distance is maintained and the face covering can be readily reapplied when required.
- Carts are single use. If persons from the same household wish to ride together, they may. Carts are sanitized before and after each use (steering wheel, dash board, arm rests, roof top safety handles, golf bag straps/fasteners and seats).
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant are available for guest use at the clubhouse.
- Load and unload your clubs only; staff is not permitted to assist.
- One group at a time is permitted to be on the tee box.
- Please bring your own bottled water and a small personal cooler.
- A ball in the bunker may be played as it lies, or moved and placed within the bunker without penalty.
- Retrieval of golf balls from adjacent private residences is prohibited. You may choose stroke and distance, or you may play as a lateral hazard and place a replacement ball on the turf side of the cart path with one stroke penalty.
- No flag stick may be touched or removed from any hole on the golf course.
Hotels, Resorts and Short Term Rentals
Masks are required in all indoor common areas and when you are unable to socially distance outdoors.
- Social Distancing of six feet required when available
- Masks required in all interior common areas and in exterior areas where you are not able to socially distance
- Wear a mask for any outdoor food and beverage delivery
- Density limitations are in effect
Short Term Vacation Rentals
- Rentals allowed in private homes where the guest rents the entire home and does not share any common areas with others. Home-sharing is not allowed.
- No events or group gatherings are permitted until approved by the State of California. Only guests registered for the home should be on premise.
- Complete a deep cleaning after each rental, using products and protocols outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Ensure a 24-hour reservation gap between when a guest departs and a new arrival.
- Some cities may have further restrictions regarding short-term vacation rentals. This guidance does not change any restrictions those jurisdictions have put in place.
Indoor dining is currently suspended. Patio dining is still open where available.
Face coverings are required when entering, exiting, or anytime you are not at your table. This is strictly enforced.
- You do not need to wear your mask while at your table
- You must also wear your mask when the server is at your table
Wear a face cover when in any retail store or business and practice social distancing. Also honor any posted occupancy limits.
- Enhance housekeeping is implemented including cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces
- Employees wear a mask
- Many offer curbside pick-up if you would prefer not to enter the store
- Workers are trained in proper hygiene practices
Wear a face covering in any public transportation including buses, taxis and other taxi style service.
Vacation rentals are open and offer a great way to enjoy Palm Springs with your own pool and kitchen without worrying about social distancing from other guests. Enhanced safety and cleaning measures include:
- Cleaning teams wear gloves and masks prior to and during the cleaning at the property. In addition, cleaning teams also follow CDC guidelines on avoiding close contact and adhering to frequent hand washing.
- Use of sanitizer and cleaners and disinfectants during the cleaning process
- High touch items such as remotes, cabinets, and door handles are being disinfected multiple times during the cleaning process.
- Towels and linens are placed in plastic protectants post laundering and are removed once they are ready for installation at the property
- Hand sanitizers are provided on-site for guest use
Palm Springs Police Hotline
If you find yourself in an unsafe situation due to lack of social distancing, face coverings, or large group gatherings, please contact the Palm Springs Police hotline.